These cute mini jumpers are a quick, fun knit that you can easily whip up for all of your friends or family! There are perfect as individual ornaments, a garland, or even an advent calendar! Here’s a few ideas for using these jumpers:
- Embroider numbers or sew numbered buttons on the front and string them up as a garland or hang them on a tree as an advent calendar. You can hang them each day in the countdown to Christmas, or you can hang them all at once and turn them around each day.
- You can also stitch a pocket on the back to hold a piece of chocolate or some other advent calendar treat. If you don’t want to make a pocket, you can store the sweets inside the sweater and use a pin to keep it closed until the day comes to eat it!
- Embroider a loved one’s initial on the front and use it as a gift tag for their present.
- Add a festive button or embroider a snowflake and use it as a tree ornament.
- Embroider letters or sew on lettered buttons to spell out a phrase, such as “Merry Christmas!”, “Merry & Bright”, or your family’s name, and string them as a garland across your mantle or over a doorway.
This design is the property of Juliette Pécaut Designs. Do not copy, distribute, or sell without permission.
About the Pattern
Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Worsted (100% wool; 110yds/50g). Samples shown in “Cranberry” and “Cloud”. Approximately 5g or 11yd per mini jumper.
Any similar worsted weight (9 wpi) yarn will do.
US 7 (4.5mm) long circular needles for magic loop or DPNs, or size to obtain gauge
- Yarn needle
- 4 stitch markers (1 of a different color to mark BOR)
- Scrap yarn or stitch holder
- Contrasting yarn or embellishments for decoration
6 sts and 7 rnds = 1”/2.5cm
2”/5cm high and 4”/10cm across the sleeves
This mini jumper is knit like a normal top-down raglan, but miniaturized. It is knit in the round on either DPNs or a long circular needle with magic loop.
- BO: Bind off.
- BOR: Beginning of round.
- CO: Cast on.
- Pm: Place marker.
- Rnd: Round.
- M1L: Make one left.
- M1R: Make one right.
- K: Knit.
- St(s): Stitch(es).
- Sm: Slip marker.
Continue scrolling for the free pattern!
CO 12 sts. Purl one row. Join to knit in round.
Set up round: Pm (BOR), k2, pm, k4, pm, k2, pm, k4.
Rnd 1: [k1, m1R, k to next marker, m1L before the marker, sm] repeat around.
Rnd 2: knit around.
Repeat these two rounds until you have 10 sts between markers for each arm and 12 sts for front and back.
Put first 10 sts on holder, k12, put next 10 sts on holder, k12.
Knit 3 rounds.
Transfer sleeve sts from holder to needles and knit 4 rounds.
Repeat on other sleeve.
Weave in ends.
Add any embellishments you like. I sewed these Katrinkles Advent Buttons on the front of each jumper. You can also embroider numbers or someone’s initials, or sew other festive buttons or pom-poms on.
Share your finished projects on Instagram by tagging @juliettepecautdesigns and using #JPDMiniJumper and #JPDChristmas