Hawser Hat Knitting Pattern
Hawser (noun): a thick rope or cable for mooring or towing a ship.
This cozy beanie features chunky ribbed cables and highlights Jill Draper Makes Stuff Middlefield yarn, made with alpaca from Western Massachusetts.
This hat was designed with yarn support from gather here for the 2022 Greater Boston Yarn Crawl. Special thanks to the gather here team for their support!
This is a digital PDF pattern, not a physical product.
About the Pattern
Pattern Notes: This design is sponsored by Gather Here for the Greater Boston Yarn Crawl 2022. The hat is knit in a 1x1 ribbed cable pattern. It uses the alternating cable cast on for a neat edge. See tutorial: https://juliettepecautdesigns.com/blogs/resources/alternating-cable-cast-on-1x1
Yarn: Jill Draper Middlefield (50% alpaca, 50% wool; Aran; 200yds / 113g). 1 skein. Sample shown in Celedon. Approx. 100 (125, 165) yds.
- US 9 (5.5mm) 16” circular needles, or size to obtain gauge
- US 9 (5.5mm) DPNs or long circular needles for magic loop, or size to obtain gauge
- Yarn needle
- Stitch markers
- Cable needle
Gauge: 22 sts and 24 rows = 4” / 10cm over 1x1 rib pattern in the round, blocked
- Sizes: Small (Medium, Large)
- Circumference: 14.5 (17.5, 20.5)” / 36.25 (43.75, 51.25)cm
- To fit: 18 (21, 24)” / 45 (52.5, 60)cm head circumferences
This is a digital download, and it cannot be returned, exchanged, or refunded.