Jingle Jangle Stocking Knitting Pattern
This festive stocking is a quick knit with bulky yarn and big needles, so you can whip some up for the whole family and still have time to trim the tree and make the eggnog! Personalize each stocking with your loved one's name or initials, or add a short festive word for general holiday decoration for your home. This stocking is knit toe-up in the round with a short-row heel, the same way a normal sock would be knit but on a different scale. The top is folded and seamed to create the cuff. It uses Judy’s magic cast on for the toe. Instructions work for a two-needle technique like magic loop or a multi-needle DPN technique. An embroidery tutorial is provided to add personalization to the cuff.
This is a digital PDF pattern, not a physical product.
About the Pattern
Level: Advanced Beginner
Yarn: Knit Picks Tuff Puff (100% wool; 44 yds/100 grams) or other super bulky (5-6 wpi) single-ply wool
- MC: “Cherry” in sample 1 and “Ivy” in sample 2; 2 skeins or 50yd/46m (plus a few extra yards for pom-pom, as desired)
- CC1: “White” in both samples; 1 skein or 37yd/34m (plus a few extra yards for pom-pom and embroidery, as desired)
- CC2: “Flamingo” in sample 1 and “Macaw” in sample 2; 1 skein or 10yd/9m (plus a few extra yards for pom-pom, as desired)
Needles: 15mm (US 19) circular needles long enough for magic loop (at least 29”), or DPNs, or size to obtain gauge
- Large yarn needle
- 2 stitch markers
- (Optional) pom-pom maker (2.5” or 65mm)
- (Optional) 3 jingle bells (0.59” or 15mm)
- and scrap yarn
Gauge: 8 sts and 9 rounds = 4”/10cm in St st in the round, blocked
Finished Measurements: 18”/45cm height and 7”/17.5cm width
This pattern has been tested and professionally tech edited.
This is a digital download, and it cannot be returned, exchanged, or refunded.