Kingdom Cowl Knitting Pattern
This design is the perfect hybrid between a cowl and a shawl. It answers the question, “how can I get the look of a shawl without having to tie it or worry about it falling off?” The stripes of lace and stockinette form a bandana cowl that looks like a triangle shawl from the front but is connected securely at the back.
Skill Level: Intermediate
- Kingdom Fleece Fiberworks Dorset Fingering (100% Dorset wool; 3-ply fingering weight; 400yds/100g). Sample shown in the colorway “Bugs Bunny”. 1 skein.
- 4mm (US 6) circular needles (approx. 24"/60cm) or size to obtain gauge
- Yarn needle
- Stitch markers (2, plus 1 for BOR —I recommend a row counting marker)
- 22 sts and 30 rounds = 4" in stockinette stitch, blocked
- Please make a gauge swatch to ensure a proper fit
- One Size
- Circumference at top: 25"/63cm
- Length at front: 14"/35cm
This pattern was made with yarn support from Kingdom Fleece & Fiberworks and features their Dorset Fingering yarn.
This is a digital download, and it cannot be returned, exchanged, or refunded.