Nor'easter Socks Knitting Pattern
These socks feature a spiraling slip stitch pattern reminiscent of a swirling storm. The simple pattern is the perfect texture to showcase the beautiful hand-dyed yarn of Knitten Word’s Baba Yaga sock collection.
This pattern was created with yarn support from Knitten Word. You can purchase the yarn to knit these socks at https://www.knittenword.com/
About the Pattern
Knitten Word Baba Yaga Sock (75% SW BFL, 25% nylon; fingering weight; 464yds/100g). 1 skein. Sample shown in the colorway “Appa”.
- 25mm (US 1) needles for working in the round, or size to obtain gauge
- 9” circulars OR 5” DPNs recommended for knitting 1 sock at a time
- 40” circulars recommended for knitting 2 socks at a time using magic loop
- Yarn needle
- Stitch markers (2 for working 1 sock at a time, 3 for working 2 socks at a time)
- I recommend choosing a marker that can open and close as your BOR marker
- Cable needle
- 32 sts and 48 rounds = 4” in Diagonal Slip Pattern in the round, blocked
- Please make a gauge swatch to ensure a proper fit
- Sizes 1 (2, 3, 4)
- Sock circumference: 6.25 (7.25, 8.25, 9.25)”; to be worn with 90-95% of negative ease
- To fit foot circumference: 6.5–7 (7.5–8, 8.5–9, 9.5–10)”
- To fit foot length: 8–9 (8.5–5, 9.5–10.5, 10.5–11.5)”
This is a digital download, and it cannot be returned, exchanged, or refunded.