Home for Christmas: Cable Ornament Pattern
“I’ll be home for Christmas… if only in my dreams.” This collection of patterns is just the thing you need to create an elegant, cozy atmosphere this holiday season. With simple motifs and chunky wool, these whip up fast and add a soft, festive touch to any decor. Knit them up in undyed wool like I did for a minimalist vibe, or go all-out with bright, festive colors! This collection is easy to tailor to your needs. You can adjust the sizes by either reducing stitch counts or by simply using a thinner yarn and smaller needle. Celebrate your home this Christmas with cozy decor handmade with love.
This is a digital PDF pattern, not a physical product.
- Cable Tree Skirt Pattern
- Cable Stocking Pattern
- Bobble Stocking Pattern
- Cable Ornament Pattern
- Bobble Ornament Pattern
Buy the pattern bundle here.
About the Pattern
Level: Advanced Beginner
Yarn: KnitPicks Bare Andean Highland Wool (100% wool; Super bulky; 48yds/100g). 0.5 skeins.
- ($) KnitPicks Tuff Puff (100% wool; Super bulky; 44yds/100g).
- ($) KnitPicks Mighty Stitch Super Bulky (80% acrylic, 20% superwash wool; Super bulky; 44yds/100g).
- ($$) Rico Designs Essential Super Super Chunky (50% acrylic, 50% wool; Super bulky; 109yds/100g).
- ($$) Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick (80% acrylic, 20% wool; Super bulky; 106yds/170g).
- ($$$) Wool and the Gang Crazy Sexy Wool (100% wool; Super bulky; 87yds/200g).
- ($$$) Malabrigo Rasta (100% merino wool; Super bulky; 90yd/150g).
Needles: US 17 (12mm)
Pattern Notes: This ornament is worked in the round and live sts are cinched to create the bauble shape. It can be worked with magic loop, two circulars, or DPNs.
Techniques Used: Cables, Provisional cast on (tutorial provided), knitting in the round, magic loop.
This is a digital download, and it cannot be returned, exchanged, or refunded.