Home for Christmas: Cable Tree Skirt Pattern
“I’ll be home for Christmas… if only in my dreams.” This collection of patterns is just the thing you need to create an elegant, cozy atmosphere this holiday season. With simple motifs and chunky wool, these whip up fast and add a soft, festive touch to any decor. Knit them up in undyed wool like I did for a minimalist vibe, or go all-out with bright, festive colors! This collection is easy to tailor to your needs. You can adjust the sizes by either reducing stitch counts or by simply using a thinner yarn and smaller needle. Celebrate your home this Christmas with cozy decor handmade with love.
This is a digital PDF pattern, not a physical product.
- Cable Tree Skirt Pattern
- Cable Stocking Pattern
- Bobble Stocking Pattern
- Cable Ornament Pattern
- Bobble Ornament Pattern
Buy the pattern bundle here.
About the Pattern
Yarn: KnitPicks Bare Andean Highland Wool (100% wool; Super bulky; 48yds/100g). 6 skeins.
- ($) KnitPicks Tuff Puff (100% wool; Super bulky; 44yds/100g).
- ($) KnitPicks Mighty Stitch Super Bulky (80% acrylic, 20% superwash wool; Super bulky; 44yds/100g).
- ($$) Rico Designs Essential Super Super Chunky (50% acrylic, 50% wool; Super bulky; 109yds/100g).
- ($$) Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick (80% acrylic, 20% wool; Super bulky; 106yds/170g).
- ($$$) Wool and the Gang Crazy Sexy Wool (100% wool; Super bulky; 87yds/200g).
- ($$$) Malabrigo Rasta (100% merino wool; Super bulky; 90yd/150g).
Needles: US 17 (12mm)
Pattern Notes: This skirt is knit flat in wedges and then each wedge is seamed to create the skirt. An i-cord bind off is worked around all wedges to create a neat edge, and the cast-on stitches are picked up and knit to create a funnel at the center of the skirt to hide pegs from the tree stand.
Techniques Used: Cables, Mattress stitch, I-cord bind off (tutorial provided), picking up stitches.
This is a digital download, and it cannot be returned, exchanged, or refunded.